History of the NHM
The NHM was established in 1906.
Sudan Natural History Museum
Dr. AlAgba Haj Ali
Ustaza Sara Abdalla Khidir
Ustaza Manal Elfatih Seyam
The Museum opens its doors to visitors daily from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Museum closes on the first day of Eid alfitr and Eid Aladha
The Board of the Natural History Museum
The board of the Natural History Museum is constituted in accordance with Statute No, 29 of the University of Khartoum Act and shall consist of:
- The Head Department of Zoology, ex officio Keeper of the Museum (Chair)
- A second representative from the Department of Zoology to be elected by the Academic Staff of the Department.
- The Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture (or a member of his Faculty nominated by him)
- The Dean of the Faculty of Veterinary Science (or a member of his Faculty nominated by him)
- The Head Department of Anatomy
- The Head Department of Botany
- The Head Department of Geology
- Under Secretary, The Ministry of Education and Guidance or his representative
- Under Secretary, The Ministry of Information and Culture or his representative
- The Director, Department of Games and Fisheries Ministry of Animal Recourses or his representative
- The Curator, Sudan National Museum
- The Curator, Graphic Museum, Ministry of Health
- One member to be appointed by the Board of the Natural History Museum
The NHM harbors a rich collection of preserved animals as well as live animals.
Education at the NHM
The NHM offers a suitable learning environment for children and adult volunteers. School children make the bulk of visitors to the Museum. Graduate students of the Faculty of Science contribute greatly to assistance and orientation of visitors of the NHM.
The NHM publishes the Sudan Natural History Museum Bulletin in addition to scientific publications
Friends and Supporters
Become a friend and support the NHM.
News and Events
Natural History Museum
P. O. Box 321 Khartoum
Postal Code 11115 SUDAN